16614-17784 Per Annum Pro Rata
£160,000 to £170,000 Per Annum
Contract- Interim/Fixed term
Only iinternal staff may apply.
As a Senior SSA will supervise a team of Student Support Assistants, ensuring that they are supporting the service user during all activities, standard of care is high and that individual needs, wishes and preference of the students are listened to and addressed.
You will support the tutor to organise education sessions, prepare resources, lead enrichment and small group sessions and assist in managing a team of Student Support Assistants in order to ensure that the day to day needs of the tutor group are met and maintain records/prepare short reports as required.
You will be:
• Hold a relevant level 3 Diploma or a willingness to attain one within 2 years of your appointment
• A minimum of two years’ experience of working with people with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
• Experience of managing people within a team.
• Able to identify and implement ways of improving team performance and providing constructive feedback.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels to students, team members, education, external professionals and families/carers Livability is a national Christian disability and community engagement charity that delivers a variety of community projects, disability care services and training resources across the UK. We also share our expertise internationally. Our vision is of a transformed society where disabled and disadvantaged people can live life to the full. That’s why, since 1844, we’ve been campaigning, training and pioneering projects - services to help improve the wellbeing and social inclusion of disabled adults and children. Right now, we’re looking for community-minded people who share our passion, values and dedication to join us at Nash College, Bromley. Nash College is an independent specialist college for learners with moderate to profound learning disabilities. In addition, students may have physical disabilities or complex medical needs, and some have autism. Your challenge? To provide our residents with a warm, enabling and openly supportive environment, coupled with the highest standards of professional day-to-day support that will help them enjoy more independence and a better quality of life. In return, we’ll give you plenty of support and guidance, a great working environment and a wide range of benefits.