16710 Per Annum £16,710pa + £1.20p/h for weekends
£10,000 to £20,000 Per Annum
SENIOR CARE - SUPPORT WORKER - FLEET AREA - START ASAP
We have an exciting opportunity to work with a well respected care provider within the Hampshire area that has won a home care contract and now looking to recruit a Senior Care - Support Worker to work within the Hart - Rushmore area of Hampshire. This a permanent role working 39 hours per week.
You will be working within a defined geographical area. You will respond flexibly to support the smooth running of the Community Services base helping to deliver a range of care and support services to Customers as required in order to enable the consistent delivery of a high quality service. The role is to provide the highest standard of care provision working “with” Customers to achieve outcomes, rather than working “for” them. This is a physically demanding role.
• Working to cover staff absence by undertaking care calls as required, including standby calls at weekend.
• To provide on-call out of hours support as required to care staff outside normal office hours, and providing handover information to office staff at the end of the on-call shift. The on-call role may involve making arrangements to cope with situations that occur.
• To carry out administrative tasks as required in order to ensure all documents on Customer files are up to date including Care Plans and Risk Assessments.
• To monitor, coach, mentor and support Care staff.
• To ensure that service delivery is appropriate to Customers’ needs, by setting up care and support packages, carrying out initial assessments and reviews, as required and implementing any action points identified.
• To undertake quality monitoring visits. Implementing action points identified, and escalating relevant information where appropriate to the line manager.
• To work with external organisations acting as an ambassador for the Company and building effective working relationships.
• Working in specialist areas e.g. dementia care, continuing health care, end of life care.
• Experience delivering care in a health or social care setting.
• Experience of delivering excellent customer service-in a service based setting.
• QCF / NVQ Level 2 in Care (or equivalent)
• Excellent communication skills, both written - verbal.
• Flexibility and reliability.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to Motivate others - self
• Commitment to personal development
• Decision making
• Caring approach.
• Clean and tidy appearance.
• Time management
• Awareness of the principles of good practice and providing a quality service
• Understanding of basic medical conditions
The successful applicant will receive the following package:
A starting salary of £16,710 per annum, plus an additional £1.20 per hour for working weekends.
Car mileage: 33ppm, Motorbike: 18ppm, Bicycle: 50p per day
To discuss this vacancy in more detail please don't hesitate to get in touch.