Contract- Interim/Fixed term
Regional Domiciliary Care Manager - North Home Counties/Eastern England
£40k - £45k, plus attractive package including bonus.
Better Healthcare are one of the fastest growing domiciliary care agencies in the UK with nine offices across East Anglia, the South East - London.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and forward thinking individual to oversee four/five offices in the Eastern region. Ideally you will already have proven multi-site management experience although we would consider ambitious Registered Branch Managers looking for the next step up.
Your main responsibilities will be;
• To develop first class relationships with key customers in the region, specifically Local Authorities and to adopt a pro-active ‘Account Management’ approach.
• To be actively involved with Sales - Business Development activities for all branches and to generate leads from within the geographical region.
• To take lead responsibility in ensuring services are fully resourced through effective recruitment management which ensures agency costs are kept to a minimum.
• To undertake regular audit of the sites to ensure that financial and operational processes are appropriately implemented.
• Complies, at all times, with the Company’s legal and regulatory policies and procedures, i.e. CQC, POVA, Health and Safety, ISO, Information Governance, etc, by following agreed safe working procedures, reporting incidents and respecting confidentiality
• Understand the local market place within the wider national health and welfare agenda.
• To take an active role in growing the existing business within the geographical area.
• To be responsible for building and maintaining lasting professional relationships with external stakeholders, key influencers and decision makers within the local area.
• To work proactively with the Business Development team to ensure all new services are set up appropriately.
• Support the mobilisation of new project
• Financial Controls
• To be responsible for the production, and achievement of, operational budgets for the services that make up the geographical area.
• To take lead accountability for achieving gross margin budget targetsTo take lead accountability for the achievement of the EBITDA budget margin for the area.
• To identify over and underperforming branches through the financial management systems to understand the issues, secure explanations, and take action where appropriate.
• To ensure that up to date and accurate financial information is provided to the Director of Homecare as required.
• To manage the delivery of care hours in accordance with the relevant contract.Quality Management
• To ensure all branches comply with and adhere to all internal company policies, procedures and external legislation, CQC, SP, Preferred Provider and Local Authority contractual standards
• To ensure excellent customer service is provided to all stakeholders.To effectively manage complaints from stakeholders in partnership with the relevant individuals.
• To ensure all quality processes are implemented within the area.To keep up to date with all developments in the Care Industry.
• To recommend and initiate improvements to policy and practiceTo liaise with CQC and other agencies with regards to operational legislative requirementsPeople Management
• To provide excellent leadership to Branch Managers encouraging team working, commitment and team development.
• To manage individual performance, promoting continuous improvement and effectively addressing under performance.
Please send your CV to Kevin Farr, Director of Homecare Services.