QSW - Initial Response Team - Devon - Up to £30 per hour ltd
Network Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Qualified Social Worker to work within the Initial Response Team in Devon.
The position is a full time and is offering a contract for three months with the likelihood of this being extended, and an attractive pay rate of £30.00ph ltd.
The Initial Response Team is a single point of contact for all referrals to social care and for advice on safeguarding concerns for children and young people. There is one telephone number and one email address for professionals and the general public to contact social care. It is a county wide resource and has replaced the referral and duty systems of several teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to queries and referrals from a number of different sources
- Working on duty where necessary - often screening all incoming calls
- You will be undertaking Child and Family assessments.
- Investigating any concerns of neglect through section 47 investigations
- You will be managing an assigned caseload.
- You will be preparing and maintaining case records.
- You will be raising and addressing issues of poor practice.
- You will be investigating complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must hold a Social Work qualification (DipSW or equivalent) and a valid HCPC registration with at least two years relevant PQ experience. Candidates are also expected to have a good knowledge of relevant legislation and a keen desire to add to this knowledge.
Candidates must be a car driver with access to own vehicle and be prepared to obtain business insurance as well as being able to display a professional yet caring nature at all times. Excellent communication skills are also essential.
In return we are able to offer excellent rates of pay, holiday pay to those who are PAYE, pension scheme to those who are PAYE, employee assistance programme, weekly pay, online payslips, online timesheets, free annual DBS, refer a friend scheme (T and C apply), supportive environment for you to work in with regular supervision along with a manageable caseload.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.