Network Healthcare are currently recruiting for temporary Qualified Social Workers to work within the Children and Young People in Care Team based in Plymouth, Devon. The position is full time and is offering a contract for a minimum of three months with the likelihood of this being extended, and an attractive pay rate between £30.00 - £35.00ph.
The main purpose of the role is to coordinate and deliver a range of Social Work service to children and young people in care. The service consists of five social work teams. Each team is led by a team manager who supervises 6 social workers, including an advanced practitioner and family support worker.
The team safeguard children and young people, aged 0 to 18 years old, through quality care planning and permanency planning and seek to achieve good outcomes for children in care, including stability, working closely with partner agencies especially health and education.
Other main duties and responsibilities:
1. Following referral, to establish the service user’s eligibility for assessment and determine the level of assessment required.
2. To undertake assessments in conjunction with the service user, their parents or carers and other agencies.
3. Together with the service user and/or their parents or carers, to produce a care plan that will meet the needs of the service user and which takes account of policies, guidelines and procedures.
4. Liaise appropriately with Legal Services and represent the Service in court as required.
5. To promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children’s Act 1989 criteria, and taking account of other relevant legislation as appropriate.
6. To ensure that the views of children and young people are represented at each stage throughout the process.
7. Work with Social Care managers to ensure that the agreed care plan can be provided within the available resources and budget.
8. To monitor the care being provided to ensure that the needs are continuing to be met and to undertake reviews of the needs and service.
9. To reassess service user’s needs periodically and, where appropriate, to amend the care plan following consultation with the service user and/or their parents or carers.
10. To identify areas of need which cannot be met and to systematically record and report the unmet need to the Manager.
11. To maintain all necessary records and documentation in line with policies and procedures, and use computerised information systems as appropriate.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must hold a Social Work qualification (DipSW or equivalent) and a valid HCPC registration with at least two years relevant PQ experience. In addition, all Social Workers must have statutory experience for a minimum of 1 year and court experience. Candidates are also expected to have a good knowledge of relevant legislation and a keen desire to add to this knowledge.
Candidates must be a car driver with access to own vehicle and be prepared to obtain business insurance as well as being able to display a professional yet caring nature at all times. Excellent communication skills are also essential.
In return we are able to offer excellent rates of pay, holiday pay to those who are PAYE, pension scheme to those who are PAYE, employee assistance programme, weekly pay, online payslips, online timesheets, free annual DBS, refer a friend scheme (T and C apply), supportive environment for you to work in with regular supervision along with a manageable caseload.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.