The Orders of St John Care Trust
Job Title: Health Care Assistant / Carer
Location: Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham.
Salary: £7.20 per hour
Hours of work: Up to 37.5 hours a week (Days and Nights)
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing.
As part of the OSJCT Team you can expect benefits such as:
• Competitive Salary
• Enhanced pay for weekend and night shifts
• Meals provided by the home (at a small supplementary cost)
• Paid breaks
• Free Uniform
• Free Training
• Development and progression opportunities
• Overtime available
We currently require a full time Health Care Assistant / HCA to work at Orchard House. The role will be to fully support your team to ensure the smooth running of this 50 bedded nursing and residential care centre. Orchard House is a large, attractive, light and airy home, standing in spacious gardens. It is located in a residential area of the well-known Cotswold village of Bishops Cleeve to the north of Cheltenham. With a strong staff team in place the residents are well looked after making the home a happy and relaxed environment.
Health Care Assistant / HCA duties include but are not restricted to:
• Participate in the emotional and physical care of our residents ensuring as far as possible, a happy, stimulating and stable environment.
• Assisting with washing and bathing.
• Assisting with toileting.
• Assisting members with walking difficulties.
• Serving meals and assistance with other dining room duties, including assistance with feeding.
• Give care and support as defined in their plan of care.
• To support residents with particular disabilities, behavioural difficulties or vulnerabilities to overcome these.
• To act as a key carer to a number of members in the home.
• To participate in activities and outings for members.
• Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistle blowing policy as required.
Due to our strong training team you do not need to have previous experience as a Health Care Assistant all we ask for is someone who is passionate about ensuring our residents received the best care possible.
This is a rewarding role full of moments that will make a huge difference to people’s lives. If you feel this may be for you then please contact Laura Scott on 01452 876 182 for an informal chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org.