Head Nurse RGN / RMN
The Orders of St John Care Trust – Lydney
Job Title: Head Nurse RGN / RMN
Location: Lydney, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Hours of work: 37.5 (Including out of hours, weekends and bank holidays)
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing.
As you will be a key member of OSJCT we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your role. You can also expect benefits such as:
• Support and training with your continual professional development.
• Career development and progression.
• Extensive and specialist internal and external training.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Free Uniform.
• Free DBS.
• Renewal of PIN paid for by OSJCT.
We currently require a Head Nurse at Rodley House in Lydney. The role will be to support the Home Manager with the smooth running of this 42 bedded nursing and residential home. Based in the heart of the Forest of Dean, Rodley House is well know through the community and has a friendly and welcoming team. Rodley House is fully compliant with CQC and internal OSCJT standards; it is a busy home with a variety of clinical needs meaning no two days are ever the same.
The Purpose of the Head Nurse ( RGN / RMN ) is to support the Home Manager with the management and running of the home with emphasis on Clinical Nursing Leadership.
Duties of the Head Nurse ( RGN / RMN may include but are not restricted to:
• Day to day management and allocation of duties to all nursing and care staff.
• To proactively lead and motivate your team, ensuring residents privacy, dignity, choice and safety is everyone’s main priority.
• To provide, support and train excellence in clinical practice.
• To be responsible for and ensuring high levels of care are given and maintained at all times.
• To take responsibility for Safeguarding of adults under your care.
• To do initial assessments for potential new residents.
• To work with residents and their families to devise suitable care plans.
• To ensure all medications, including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, administered, documents and disposed of correctly.
• To deputise in the Managers absence.
• To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
For this role you must have:
• A Nurse Qualification either RGN or RMN and currently be registered with the NMC.
• Knowledge of regulatory frameworks relating to Care Homes.
• Previous leadership or management practice.
• Ability to motivate and lead a team.