We have a position for a dental receptionist / support worker to join our team on a temporary to permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive patients and their relatives into the department and advise surgery employees of patients arrival.
- To make and amend appointments for patients. This will include direct face-to- face contact, contact by telephone and by post.
- Deal with telephone enquires about the company
- To explain NHS charges to patients using tact and empathy when there are barriers to understanding
- Send out new and recall appointments to patients, contacting patients by telephone to confirm appointments where necessary.
- To utilise the appointment book to ensure maximum activity is achieved.
- Regularly check that no patients have been overlooked and explain any reason for the delay in being seen
- Maintain spread sheets of data relating to patients referred into the practice
- Complete record cards with patient details. Enter patient details onto computer system. Distribute medical history forms to patients, collect and provide to the dentist.
- Prepare and complete FP17PR forms as appropriate, gaining patient/or significant other's signature.
- Prepare day lists and record cards for clinical sessions.
- Arrange appointments for patients referred into the service
- Arrange appointments with schools for dental employees to visit to undertake dental screening. Provide information to schools about facilities required and arrangements to be made. Receive forms from school screenings, record figures, and arrange appointments as a result of screening
- Liaise with senior clinicians with the booking of appointments for general anaesthesia and sedation and check that pre and post-operative written instructions have been given.
- Organise incoming and out-going mail.
- Annually up date the filing system.
Working Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8.50am - 5.10pm and then 10.10am - 6.30pm on a Thursday.
Click below to apply now...