My client has a very good reputation as a first-class provider of domiciliary care. They expect a very high standard of service from all their staff and make no secret of the fact that they hand-pick staff in all aspects of our recruitment process.
The role of Customer Care Supervisor is pivotal to the success of the business and they expect to appoint the very best person for the role. Salary is between £18,000 to £20,000 pa depending on experience.
It is essential that the Customer Care Supervisor spends 50% of their working week in the field, the balance being spent in the office in order to complete their necessary administration.
They should be prepared to work flexible hours at times, outside normal office hours, in order that they can visit Customers and monitor the care being provided by their Care Assistants.
Although the role of Customer Care Supervisor includes a certain amount of "policing" they are seen to be playing a supportive role by their Care Assistants and Customers.
They cover the local authority areas of Derbyshire Dales and Amber Valley which includes the towns of: Ashbourne, Bakewell, Wirksworth and Matlock in Derbyshire Dales; and Belper, Ripley, Heanor and Alfreton in Amber Valley.
Their philosophy is simple: To provide the very highest quality care and support in the home to our customers by working with the best Care Assistants and office administration around.
Every one of us who has ever needed care and support in the home for ourselves or someone we love has felt the same concerns about getting it right, which is why my client is such a breath of fresh air. We don’t just say that we provide the very best – we really do.
Every single member of our care team has been chosen for their real passion for care and their ambition to be the best they can be.
We place our customers at the very heart of every decision we make. Every customer receives a bespoke package of care to suit their personal wishes and needs.
For further information please have a look on our website: www.bluebirdcare.co.uk/amber-valley/home
Summary of Post:
Responsible for the efficient running of the customer service and making sure that all care plans are delivered accurately at all times. Provide an emergency on-call service one week in three or four as part of a team, outside of office hours. Office hours are 0830 to 1700 Monday to Friday plus on-call.
1. Implementation of quality control procedures.
2. Carrying out Customer assessments prior to commencement of the care service.
3. Attending Customer's first call to introduce the Care Assistant to the Customer.
4. Liaise closely with Care Co-ordinator and Care Manager to ensure correct Customer/Care Assistant matching for new Customers. This may involve attending Care Assistant training sessions in order to select the most suitable Care Assistants.
5. When on call, in the event of an existing Care Assistant being unable to do any calls, for whatever reason, assigning suitable alternative Care Assistants for those calls, until such time as the usual Care Assistant is able to return to work.
6. In extreme circumstances delivering care to Customers who otherwise would not receive a visit.
7. Attend Customer reviews.
8. Implement all field-based training programmes.
9. Ensure that all changes to care schedules are reported to the Care Co-ordinator.
10. Ensure all reporting and recording procedures are up to date.
11. Liaise closely with Care Co-ordinator, Care Manager, Field Supervisors, Customers and Care Assistants.
12. Arrange and manage staff changeovers and briefings for live-in care assignments.
13. Carry out on call responsibilities with the Care Co-ordinator and Care Manager.
• Highly professional in approach and attitude, with demonstrable Customer Service skills
• Excellent communication skills (both spoken & written)
• Living in or near local authority of Amber Valley (max 30 minutes from the office)
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Good administration/computer skills
• Extensive home care experience as a Supervisor with a minimum NVQ3 qualification in social care or equivalent
• Attention to detail
• Clean driving licence
• Genuine care for others
• Experience in quality customer care delivery
1. To understand the needs and requirements of Customers and Care Assistants
3. To establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Care Assistants and other healthcare professionals.
4. To be able to prepare reports as required.