34070 Per Annum £34,070 per annum
£340,000 to £350,000 Per Annum
CLINICAL MANAGER - YEOVIL, SOMERSET - START ASAP - £34,070 PER ANNUM - MON-FRI 9-5
We have an exciting opportunity to work with one of our partnered care providers as a Clinical Manager for their nursing home in Yeovil, Somerset. This is a permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday 9-5pm, including 16 hours per week working on the floor.
As the Clinical Manager you will be the leader of the nursing and care team within the home, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager (where appropriate*). The role is accountable to the Business Manager and to the Nursing and Healthcare Advisor.
Your duties within the role will be as follows, but not limited to:
• To maintain the safety and well being of staff, service users and visitors during the course of your shift, including aspects of premises management.
• You will ensure that the Registered Nurses and care team work in a safe and competent manner.
• You will be responsible, as part of the senior team for the leading, directing and managing of staff to ensure safe staffing levels, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager*.
• You will assist the Business Manager in the recruitment, selection and retention of Registered Nurses and care staff.
• You will ensure that all staff receive induction, staff reviews and appraisals in line with Company policy, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager*.
• Assist in the training and development of care staff and/or student nurses or newly qualified Registered Nurses as required.
• You will undertake clinical supervision with all Registered Nurses as per Company policy and participate in the same with the Nursing and Healthcare Advisor.
• You will participate in induction training, statutory training, follow-up refresher courses, staff meetings and maintain an awareness of evidence-based practice.
• You will work with the Business Manager to manage and address poor practice and deal with disciplinary issues.
• You will work with your Business Manager to enthuse and lead the staff to promote social events to maintain involvement in the Community.
• You will ensure that all Registered Nurses and care team members maintain necessary records which accurately reflect the needs and preferences of the service users.
• You will participate in pre-admission assessment of potential service users, reviews, safeguarding meetings and other meetings with members of the multi-disciplinary team as required.
• You will support the Business Manager in the completion of audits/monitoring as part of the Company’s Quality Assurance scheme or external requirements and the formulation of action plans accordingly.
• You will support the Business Manager to respond to Company reporting procedures and produce reports as requested.
• You will implement the Company's policy in relation to the safe storage, handling and recording of medicines and treatments.
• You will work in line with the policy on Infection Prevention and Control.
• You and the Business Manager will respond and implement requirements made by the regulators or commissioners of the care service.
• You will lead, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager*, with regard to the Safeguarding of adults at risk in line with Company and local policy.
To be considered you will ideally have prior experience of working with the elderly whether that be within a Social Care or Health Care setting. You must have a valid pin with the NMC in the UK.
To discuss the vacancy further please don't hesitate to get in touch.