Job Description - Care Assistant Within a Nursing Home Job
Title: Care Assistant within a Nursing Home Responsible to: Home Manager/Nurse in Charge Job Specification: To provide care for the service users under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, trained nursing staff and senior care assistants; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the Home as required.
Person Specification: Essential: Genuine interest in working within a caring environment Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Team Player Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes Satisfactory police check and check against the ISA list (where applicable) Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act Basic understanding of Infection Control
Desirable: Previous experience of working in a care setting Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved or working towards) Evidence of having undertaken relevant training (ie lifting and handling, health and safety, food hygiene etc. Job Description:
1. To act as a key worker for a number of service users. Ensuring that you greet any service users, for whom you are a key worker, on admission to the home and assist them to settle in.
2. To assist the service users in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs.
3. Responding promptly to call bells
4. To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the nurse in charge.
5. To ensure that service users are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
6. To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. - Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc fitted, cleaned and in working order.
7. To assist the service users in rehabilitation activities under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager and trained nursing staff.
8. To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
Description – Care Assistant Within a Nursing Home 9. To pay due respect to service users' possessions and to ensure that bedrooms and communal areas are tidy and presentable. 10. To be resourceful in the use of supplies. 11. To work at all times, within the guidelines of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Employee Handbook and Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedure. 12. To be aware of all fire exit means of escape from the Home. 13. To complete all Company Health and Safety and Fire checks as requested