Reports to: Care Manager / Supervisor
Summary of position
To support each customer to remain living in their own homes for as long as they require.
To provide each customer with a high quality of care, that is respectful, dignified and encourages independence whilst adhering to the customers care and support plan. Document and report all relevant customer care information.
Duties and responsibilities
·To assist customers with all aspects of their personal care, including;
oShowering and bathing;
oDressing and grooming;
oToileting and incontinence;
oTeeth and dentures.
·To assist customers with all aspects of medication, including;
oCommunicating with the pharmacy and pick up;
·To assist customers with all aspects of their meal preparation, including;
oCooking and re-heating;
oPreparing and serving of meals;
oPreparing and clearing the table;
oSafe storage and infection control;
oCommunicating with the customer and disposing of unsafe food.
·To support customers in the use of aids and personal equipment, including;
oStanding and walking frames;
oManual and electric hoists;
oSliding sheets and moving boards;
oHearing aids and other physical aids.
·To support customers with home management, including;
oHovering and sweeping;
oWashing and storing the dishes;
oWashing clothes and hanging them up;
oMaking beds and changing the lining;
oDusting and general tidying;
oAnswer the door and greet visitors;
oAnswer emergency bells and the telephone.
·To help in the promotion of a customer’s mental and physical activities, such as;
oCommunication and engagement;
oReading, photo albums and writing;
oHobbies and recreations.
·To document and report all relevant customer information, including;
oChanges to a customer’s care;
oExternal health teams.
·To support a customer through temporary and terminal illness, including;
oEnd of life care;
oPersonal care in bed;
oCommunity health support.
·To work as part of the Bluebird Care team, which includes;
oTake part in staff and customer meetings;
oTraining activities as directed;
oTo read and write reports;
oTo attend appraisal and development meetings;
oTo communicate in various formats.
·To comply with the Bluebird Care business guidelines and policies at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be asked to undertake additional duties.
- Caring and empathic nature
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written
- Good reporting skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- Willingness to undertake the companies policies and procedures
- Ability to act quickly in an emergency
- Clear understanding of good quality
- Clear police check relevant to country of residence
- Class 1 business insurance (when using own car)
- Knowledge of the care sector
- Previous experience as a care worker
- Medication administration qualification
- S/NVQ/QCF Level 2 or equivalent
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Flexible approach to working
- Full drivers licence – no more than 6 points