TRAINING MANAGER – Domiciliary Care
The world`s largest provider of non-medical Senior Care are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Training Manager to play a major role in the continuing development of the company and its staff based in Moulton Park, Northampton. For the right applicant this is an exciting opportunity with excellent long term prospects to grow and develop with the business.
BASIC: £19,000 to £21,000 depending on experience
ADDITONAL BENEFITS: Bonus scheme
Home Instead Senior Care is the world`s largest provider of non-medical care providing companionship, light house-keeping and personal care services within the home environment. Founded in 1994 they have over 1,000 offices worldwide and currently 150 offices in the UK. With a minimum of one hour visits, award winning training and the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older people Home Instead aims to give a service that is tailor made to meet the needs of each individual client.
``Our aim is to become the UK`s most admired Care Company through changing the face of ageing``
The Training Manager will coordinate, organise and deliver all training needs of the business including:
· Induction training for new staff
· Facilitate and oversee new staff members to complete the 15 standards of the new Care Certificate (Common Induction Standards)
· Monitor ongoing personal development training needs and the competency of staff members
· Deliver Dementia Awareness Training – Accredited City & Guilds Certificate
· Deliver Moving and handling of people
· Deliver Medication training
· Deliver End of life training
· Any other areas of training required to meet business needs
· Complete touch points with new staff including supervisions, support visits and competency checks.
You will be working closely with the Care Manager, Coordinator and Recruiter, where you will coordinate the training and personal development of all new and existing staff. You will be responsible for keeping accurate records for all of the above on our database system (Boss). The role will predominantly be office based but there will also be an element of working out in the field supporting staff in client’s homes undertaking Quality Support visits, competency checks and generally mentoring staff to ensure quality. You will be expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with all CAREGivers through shadowing and new client introduction offering support and identifying any developmental needs. You will follow up any necessary issues reporting to the Care Manager.
You will also assist the office team with staff supervisions and appraisals in order to promote the retention of staff. You will be required to engage in CAREGiver and staff meetings and the successful applicant will also be expected to participate with the on-call services as and when required on a rota basis.
· You must have experience and a background in the Health and Social Care sector
· Experience of training groups of people is a necessity.
· In possession of NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social care and willing to work towards a Level 4 or above
· Train the Trainer status and PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) would be advantageous
· To have a clear understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and knowledge of the new Care Certificate (April 2015)
· To be conversant with CQC
· Excellent IT, administration and communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Responsive and able to work under pressure
· Team player who is friendly and approachable and flexible
· Confident, outgoing personality with leadership skills
· Car and a clean driving licence is essential