LOCATION: Chard, Ilminster, Crewkerne, Somerton, Langport, South Petherton & Martock.
JOB TITLE: Care and Support Workers
SALARY & BENEFITS Starting rate of pay £8.49 per hour (inclusive of weekend enhancement) with a £250 welcome bonus for all new starters
WORKING HOURS: Full and part time hours available. Evening and weekend positions also available
Do you have a passion for supporting people to lead independent lives? Would you like a career that gives you job satisfaction by helping people to reach achievable outcomes that encourage their health and wellbeing?
THE COMPANY: We are pleased to be working with our client who is a not-for-profit care provider dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to residential and nursing care for older people in 30 care homes in Somerset and on the Isle of Wight. An exciting opportunity has arisen for Care Support Workers to really make a difference to individual's lives in the Chard area. .
Working across Chard, Ilminster and surrounding areas giving people the opportunity, motivation and confidence to gain or re-learn skills they may have lost as a consequence of poor health, disability or an accident. Our clients Care and Support Workers are an essential part of the community for these individuals, getting to know them and what makes them smile which makes a significant difference to their lives.
Key Responsibilities -
- Social and emotional support, either at home and/or in the local community
- Personal care
- Building/maintaining relationship with friends and family
- Daily living skills and developing independence
- Assist in medication administration
THE CANDIDATE: We know this is a challenging role, so we are hoping to find resilient people who can see this as more than job - this is a chance to make a real difference, that will not only enrich someone else's life but also yours.
Our client is looking for great people to join the Care and Support Worker team who are seeking a satisfying opportunity within the Health & Social Care sector. You don't need any experience as we employ people based on their values and commitment.
- A welcome bonus of £250 - receiving £125 in your first month's pay and a further £125 after 3 month's service.
- Contracted Hours
- A career pathway and excellent training to encourage progression
- Fully paid induction which includes all training needs for the role, free uniform and criminal records check
- Company pension scheme that includes employer contributions
- Staff benefit scheme including childcare vouchers and discounted high street shopping, my caring rewards.
- Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of all of our employees by providing free health checks, access to information, advice and support, interactive challenges, competitions, discounted gym memberships, and many more exciting things!
Key experience essential for the role:
- Empathy, caring and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Driving licence - Essential
Previous experience working as Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker are all desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then please hit the "Apply Now" button. You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to further support your CV. We will be in touch within 7-10 days to make you aware of the next steps.