7-9 Per Hour £7.72p/h (£1.20p/h extra for weekends) + mileage
CARE - SUPPORT WORKER - YATELEY AREA - IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE
We have an exciting opportunity to work with a well respected care provider that has won a home care contract and now looking to recruit a number of Care - Support Workers to work across the Yateley area of Hampshire on a permanent basis.
You will be working within a defined geographical area to ensure that service delivery is appropriate to Customer needs. The role is to provide the highest standard of care provision working “with” Customers to achieve outcomes, rather than working “for” them. The purpose of the Care and Support Worker role is to deliver care every day of the year, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. This is a physically demanding role.
• Enable customers to remain in their own homes by providing the support and care needed to help them achieve maximum independence which includes providing personal care such as washing, bathing, dressing, feeding, and toileting assistance to the customers.
• Carry out safe Moving and Handling practises in accordance with the Company’s Moving and Handling Policy.
• To read and understand the Customers’ Care and Support Plan and Risk Assessment and to undertake duties at each visit as stated in these documents.
• To make accurate and clear records in the customers folders at each visit.
• To report to the Manager, any concerns or changes in Customers care requirements.
• Prepare and monitor food and drink intake to promote a healthy and nutritious balanced diet.
• Undertake domestic and shopping tasks; completing financial transaction documents inline with Company Policy.
• Follow Company Policy and training for the safe handling of medication as identified in the Care and Support Plan.
• To carry out all care calls at the times stipulated on your work rota.
• To notify the office without delay with regards to any changes made to the programme of work.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Have a willingness to work towards a relevant care qualification
• Be able to attend training sessions and staff meetings when required
• Open to flexible shift patterns including alternate weekends
• Have a basic knowledge of care
• Good literacy skills (to be able to produce and read care plans, and to complete running daily records)
• Good numeracy skills
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Flexibility and reliability
• Honesty and respect for confidentiality
• Ability to work as part of a team and alone without direct supervision.
• Caring approach
• Clean and tidy appearance
• Willingness to undertake extra shifts
The successful applicant will receive the following pay package:
• Your starting rate of pay is £7.72 per hour, plus an additional £1.20 per hour for working weekends
• Travel time will be paid at the rate of £3 per hour until 6pm and your usual hourly rate after 6pm.
• Mileage will be paid at: car 28ppm, motorbike 18ppm, bike 50p per day
To discuss this vacancy in more detail please don't hesitate to get in touch.