Reports to: Franchise Owner
Summary of position
Responsible for the efficient running of the business and managing the admin team and the care workers as well as dealing with customers Sole responsibility for the recruitment and management of care staff and for ascertaining that there is enough care staff to satisfy the needs of the business.
Duties and responsibilities
·Responsible for safe and legal delivery of service
·Upholding brand values in service delivery
·Implementing Bluebird Care policies and procedures
·Managing Co-ordinator and Supervisor
·Managing & implementing recruitment plan & procedures
·All aspects of recruiting and training care staff
·Organising and delivering Care Worker Induction Training
·Organising regular staff meetings
·Ensuring full compliance throughout the business
·Accountable to the directors/shareholders of the business.
·Responsible for the legal and ethical running of the day-to-day business.
·To be registered with the appropriate regulator
·Understand and work within regulator legislation, standards and regulations
·Keep full and accurate records in accordance with legal requirements
·Undertaking and monitoring of all appropriate assessments relating to new customers
·To undertake/facilitate reviews of customers’ needs/requirements in accordance with guidelines
·Liaise with other health professionals as appropriate
·Planning and implementing supervisions and appraisals in accordance with guidelines
·To deliver/facilitate all necessary development requirements in accordance with the needs of the service
·To understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
·Ultimate responsibility for all staff.
·To ensure implementation, execution and management of quality control systems.
·Implementation and management of complaints procedure.
·Implementation of performance management protocols where necessary
·Achievement of sales targets and delivery within budgets.
·To work within agreed budgets to ensure profitability of business.
·Take on-call duties as part of a team on a rota basis.
·Ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties.
·Be available to all emergencies
·This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties
- Excellent understanding and experience of the social care sector
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory responsibilities
- S/NVQ L5 or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to manage own time
- Experience of recruiting staff
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to write and deliver a presentation
- Ability to work under own initiative or within a team
- Clear understanding of good quality
- Clear police check relevant to country of residence
- Full drivers licence – no more than 6 points
- Class 1 business insurance (if applicable)
- Train the trainer qualifications
- Knowledge of business management
- Business start-up experience
- Franchise experience
- Previous regulator registration