You know you have a special way of taking care of others - maybe you've been a family carer or you just want to make a difference to the life of an elderly person. Share your unique talents and skills to help older people stay independent and live the lifestyle they desire.
As a CAREGiver, you may provide companionship, help with daily activities such as light housekeeping, meal preparation and errands, or personal care services like help with dressing and grooming.
• No medical experience necessary**
• Flexible scheduling – perfect for people of all ages with extra time on their hands
• Comprehensive training and support provided
• Good source of income
• Incredibly rewarding
• A way to meet and interact with people
• An opportunity to try new things and get involved in your community
We regard it as a special privilege to look after people with love, care and compassion - and we take our responsibilities very seriously indeed.
You’ll work independently providing care at home for our clients, but you won’t work alone. We provide an incredibly supportive environment. We will develop a schedule that you are happy with, to fit in with your available time commitments.
The role is based at the location of your client‘s home and essentially involves travelling to and from their address or place of residence. Our clients live in Colchester and the surrounding villages.
As visits are located at various places, we need you to be a driver, or have access to transport. We allow ample time in between visits, to allow for traffic and travel time. We don't want our CAREGivers to be rushed.
Your time is valuable to our clients, and we maximise this by allowing travel time. If you are working on the last visit of the day, we will even give you a courtesy call to check you have arrived home safely.
You will be working for the UK’s most admired care company, providing world class in home care for seniors. In return, working for Home Instead Senior Care means enjoying wonderful benefits:
• Ongoing, world-class training to help you best handle every situation including our specialist dementia care programmes
• A friendly and supportive working environment with regular reviews where we can value your input and recommendations
• Compatibility matching ensures a good fit with clients and helps you both enjoy the relationship more
• Personal introductions help you start building your relationships.
• Professional surveys routinely capture CAREGiver and client satisfaction levels to ensure the highest quality service
On top of all that, you will have a job that delivers enormous gratification.
In addition, we can offer you enhanced hourly rates for visits before 8am,
and after 8pm, double pay for bank holidays, access to NVQ's, & hundreds of discounts with the
Senior Care Benefits Programme.
It feels great to make a difference!
This leading Senior Care network has grown to more than 973 locally owned and operated businesses across the globe. We’ve made our name on dependability, quality of care, accountability and community involvement. Across our extensive network of Home Instead offices, we’ve earned a deep level of trust with clients, their family members and friends, and thousands of home healthcare, assisted living, medical and social elder care organizations throughout the world.
We welcome applications from people of all age ranges and abilities ! ** Enhanced DBS required for all CAREGiver positions.