Job Title: Care Coordinator
Job Category: Care Coordinators / Administrators
Job Location: Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Salary: 16000 - 18000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Job Reference: sun
Skills/Qualifications: social care,care,care coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION: COORDINATOR
Reports to: Care Manager / Franchise Owner
Summary of position
To ensure all care packages are covered with the appropriate care worker in a timely manner at all times. To liaise with the care manager to ensure adequate cover for all existing and new packages to ensure the smooth running of the care service. To assist the director in the management of costs by ensuring runs and working patterns are efficient and logical.
Duties and responsibilities
• Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new work efficiently.
• Accepting and processing changes and amendments to existing care packages
• Assigning care workers to customers, whilst working within the standards and requirements of the company.
• Ensuring all runs and working patterns meet the needs of the company, customer and care worker
• Ensuring mileage and distance travelled is monitored and recorded
• Ensuring adequate cover is available for sickness, absenteeism or holidays
• Work with the care manager to pre-empt recruitment needs
• To induct all new support coordinators into the role
• To support and assist the support coordinator to complete tasks effectively
• To ensure work is allocated fairly and appropriately with the support coordinator
• To liaise with the care manager regarding support coordinator supervision needs
• Working with other members of the administration team to ensure high quality service provision.
• Liaising with customers and are workers to ensure an efficient service provision
• Keeping accurate records on the system and working with the office team to ensure all data is up to date and relevant.
• Preparation of reports as required.
• Ensuring care worker rota’s are completed and distributed on a weekly basis to all appropriate parties.
• On call on week on/ week off basis.
• Any other duties as deemed necessary by the business.
Knowledge of management systems
Excellent IT skills
Attention to detail
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic
Good reporting skills both verbal and written
Good telephone manner
Excellent understanding of companies policies and procedures
Excellent knowledge of local area
Ability to work under own initiative or within a team
Clear understanding of good quality
Clear police check relevant to country of residence
Full clean drivers licence
Class 1 business insurance
We are looking for candidates candidates to have interest in IT (use of) and smart mobile phones ie the application of technology and innovative products to help in communication, compliancy and proactive management decision making.
We would also like candidates who have an interest to further their knowledge and career within the sector.