Summary of position
To work with the coordinator to ensure all care packages are covered with the appropriate care worker at all times. To liaise with the coordinator to ensure adequate cover for all existing and new packages to ensure the smooth running of the care service.
Duties and responsibilities
· Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new work efficiently.
· Accepting and processing changes and amendments to existing care packages.
· Assigning care workers to customers, whilst working within the standards and requirements of the company.
· Ensuring all runs and working patterns meet the needs of the company, customer and care worker.
· Ensuring adequate cover is available for sickness, absenteeism or holidays.
· Working with other members of the administration team to ensure high quality service provision.
· Liaising with customers and care workers to ensure an efficient service provision.
· Keeping accurate records on the system and working with the office team to ensure all data is up to date and relevant.
· Preparation of reports as required.
· Ensuring care worker rota’s are completed and distributed on a weekly basis to all appropriate parties.
· Take on-call duties as part of a team on a rota basis.
· Ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties.
· This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties.
Knowledge of management systems
Excellent IT skills
Attention to detail
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic
Good reporting skills both verbal and written
Good telephone manner
Excellent understanding of companies policies and procedures
Excellent knowledge of local area
Ability to work under own initiative or within a team
Clear understanding of good quality
Clear police check relevant to country of residence
Knowledge of staff plan roster
Ability to problem solve
Experience of coordinating care staff