~~Care Coordinator - Cambridge
Bluebird Care - Cambridge & S.Cambs – Cambridge
Due to our on-going expansion we are looking for a dedicated and committed individual, who is passionate and empathetic to the needs and requirements of our customers but is also very aware of the needs of our field based staff and can optimise the use of their valuable time to the benefit of staff and customers alike.
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in a domiciliary/social care setting and have the drive and enthusiasm to develop their career with a young and ambitious organisation. They should have a good logistical understanding and have an attention for detail
This is a full time office-based position, although you will need to undertake home visits to customer to undertake reviews and you will be required to participate on a rota basis in the emergency on-call service (typically one week in every four)
The indicative salary for the role is between £18,000 - £19,000 p.a. depending on experience and qualifications.
You must have a full driving licence and access to a car for work and have ideally have a minimum of an NVQ2 and either be studying for or be prepared to work towards an NVQ3. You should be a good written and verbal communicator with well-developed IT skills. It would be highly desirable, but not essential, if you have previous management experience in the Social Care Sector, but most important is the ambition to develop your skills and career and having a great sense of humour. You should have good telephone manner, knowledge of the local area and excellent customer service skills.
The key aspects of this role are as follows:
• Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new work efficiently
• Accepting and processing changes and amendments to existing care packages
• Assigning care workers to customers, whilst working within the standards and requirements of the company
• Ensuring all runs and working patterns meet the needs of the customers and care workers
• Ensuring mileage and distance travelled is monitored and recorded
• Ensuring adequate cover is available for sickness, absenteeism or holidays
• Work with the care manager to pre-empt recruitment needs
• To support and assist the support coordinator to complete tasks effectively
• Working with other members of the administration team to ensure high quality service provision
• Liaising with customers and are workers to ensure efficient and effective service provision that meets their needs
• Keeping accurate records on the system and working with the office team to ensure all data is up to date and relevant
• Ensuring care worker and customer rota’s are completed and distributed on a weekly basis to all appropriate parties
If you want to join a company that is expanding through focussing on the delivery of quality, person centred and value for money services and treats its customers and staff alike with dignity and respect then this may be the opportunity for you.