Our client is recruiting a Care Coordinator. The successful candidate will join them on a full time (37.5 hours) and permanent basis and will receive £19,055 +Target Bonus per annum.
They provide high quality bespoke care and support services to people in their own homes
The Care Coordinator role:
As Care Coordinator you will be responsible for the continuity of care for all their customers. Your vital role has a huge impact on the lives of many people who rely on their care and support.
Customers tell them that what really matters to them is having a stable team of caring and professional care workers whom they can rely upon. You will be responsible for making this happen.
You will use your excellent planning, organisational and IT skills to make sure that each customer receives the care and support that they expect on time.
Allocating care workers with the right skills and experience to deliver the best quality care and support to each customer
Organising care worker rotas to minimise changes to the service and travel between customer’s homes
Responding efficiently to day to day changes in the care and support package
Care Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Ensuring continuity of care is provided through quality programming
- Liaising with care workers and customers to schedule care calls and manage rotas utilising their Staff Plan system
- The overall management of rotas (including holiday and sickness cover) which will require exceptional communication skills liaising with colleagues and customers.
- To assist Supervisors with programming supervisions/spot checks
- Responding to complaints, accidents and incidents.
- Monitoring Staff Plan daily
- Joining the ‘on call’ rota (and be prepared for ‘hands on’ care work should the need arise (paid out of office hours).
- Communication with other professionals including social services, district nurses, etc.
- Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new work efficiently.
- Accepting and processing changes and amendments to existing care packages
- Assigning care workers to customers, whilst working within the standards and requirements of the company.
- Ensuring all runs and working patterns meet the needs of the company, customer and care worker
- Ensuring mileage and distance travelled is monitored and recorded
- Ensuring adequate cover is available for sickness, absenteeism or holidays
- Work with the care manager to pre-empt recruitment needs
- Working with other members of the administration team to ensure high quality service provision.
- Liaising with customers and our workers to ensure an efficient service provision
- Keeping accurate records on the system and working with the office team to ensure all data is up to date and relevant.
- Preparation of reports as required.
- Ensuring care worker rota’s are completed and distributed on a weekly basis to all appropriate parties.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the business.
Care Coordinator candidates will ideally have:
- Knowledge of management systems
- Knowledge of staff plan roster
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and electronic
- Good reporting skills both verbal and written
- A good telephone manner
- An excellent understanding of companies policies and procedures
- An Excellent knowledge of local area
- The ability to work under own initiative or within a team
- A clear understanding of good quality
Experience required by their ideal Care Coordinator:
- Strong logistical skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become their Care Coordinator please click ‘Apply’ now.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.