We currently have a vacancy for a full time care assistant due to internal promotion.
Purpose: To provide the highest quality, flexible, person centred care to residents through contributing towards and following each residents individual person centred care plan, and to work with others to support each resident to achieve the outcomes in their care plan
To contribute towards the provision of a comfortable yet stimulating living environment where residents feel able to contribute ideas towards their own needs.
To act as Key worker to a number of residents
To ensure that all Company policies and procedures and all legal requirements are adhered to.
• To undertake the full range of caring duties in accordance with the duties of Care Assistants and in accordance with the National Care Standards and Regulations.
• To encourage residents to maintain maximum independence, taking into account any physical/mental disabilities and to encourage their participation in the running of the Home and the purposeful use of time.
• To provide support and guidance to new colleagues in fulfilling the duties of their posts as required by National Standards and Regulations and if requested act as a mentor to new care workers.
• Where applicable to participate in staff meetings, attend supervision sessions and where possible attend reviews and to assist in implementing recommendations as they relate to individual service users .
• To ensure that a residents physical and social needs are met
• To carry out all necessary personal care, as agreed in the care plan such as washing, personal hygiene, assisting with dressing and assisting with eating
• To promote independence, dignity choice and respect through the delivery of hands on care.
• As key worker maintain regular contact and foster good relationships with relatives or other significant individuals who have a relationship with residents you support.
• In conjunction with the Activity Co-ordinator support residents to take part in individual and group based activities in a caring and respectful way.
• Support and encourage leisure activities for residents where applicable.
• Support residents to make informed choices about their lives.
• Attend mandatory and other training as required
• To maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence