Job Title: Nursing Home Manager / Registered Home Manager / RGN / RMN
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
Hours of work: Full Time
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing. As a charity we ensure that any revenue goes straight back into our homes meaning our residents and staff are well looked after.
As you will be a key member of OSJCT we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your role. You can also expect benefits such as:
• Support with your continual professional development.
• Access to a specialist internal and external training.
• Competitive remuneration package including company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• OSJTC will pay for the renewal of your NMC PIN
We currently require a Nursing Home Manager / Registered Manager either RGN or RMN for Wyatt House in Stroud, Gloucestershire. The role is to manage and be the main person responsible for the smooth running of the home. Wyatt House is a thirty capacity care home located in Stroud and is dedicated to person centred care and offers quality care for adults diagnosed with dementia. Our highly trained care team support an active and fulfilling lifestyle for all of our residents meaning there is always a friendly and energetic atmosphere in the home. The home is fully compliant with CQC and has a five star rating on NHS Choices.
Duties for a Nurse (RGN or RMN) Nursing Home Manager include but are not restricted to:
• Overall responsibility for management of the home in an efficient and effective manner.
• Ensure the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the resident are recognised, assessed and met where possible.
• Involve residents where possible in decision making about activity, life style and matters in the Home which may affect them.
• To lead, direct, supervise and support all staff working within the Home.
• To monitor staff duties and performance and support all staff to reach the expected standards.
• To ensure that budgetary control of the Home is maintained in accordance with The Order of St John Care Trust’s financial guidelines.
• To formulate a business plan for the purpose of planning and implementing any new development as identified for the promotion of services for agreement by the Chief Executive Committee.
• Publicise the service offered by the Home and Trust and establish and maintain good relations with the community. Encourage and participate in social activities for the benefit of Residents, including fund raising.
• Deal with matters pertaining to the maintenance of the building and equipment.
• Implement and maintain all requirements specified in the Care Standards Act and as issued by the Commission for Social Care Inspection.
• Oversee the implementation of systems of working which enable Health and Safety legislative requirements to be met for example, risk assessments, fire records, COSHH files etc.
• Ensure the home is compliant at all times and meets the standards set by CQC and GCC.
This is a challenging but rewarding role ideal for a home manager of a small home or a deputy home manager looking for their next step in their career.
Successful candidates will:
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in managing care services for older people.
• Level 4 Registered Managers Award (RMA).
• Experience, training and an understanding of Dementia
• Be highly driven team motivator, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Have a flexible approach to your work together with a calm attitude which will be key to your successes in this role.
Ideally be a Registered Nurse- RGN / RMN with a valid NMC PIN
For more information or to apply for the role please contact Laura Scott on 01452 876 182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org